Rely on AQHI Inc. for safe and thorough asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA.
Whether you call them popcorn ceilings, cottage cheese ceilings, or acoustic ceilings, these textured materials are just plain ugly. But that’s not even the biggest problem with them. They may also be harmful to your health. Asbestos was a common ingredient in these kinds of ceilings for many years due to its fire-retardant properties. As the ceiling ages, tiny asbestos fibers may break loose, lodge in your lungs, and cause lung cancer or mesothelioma.
Get professional asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA from AQHI Inc.
3 Things to Check Before Getting Asbestos Ceiling Removal in Altadena CA
Sometimes, people become so frightened at the very thought of asbestos in their home that they want to remove every possible asbestos-containing material. This is not always necessary for safety. Before you move forward with asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA, consider these 3 things:
- Asbestos content: Most, but not all cottage cheese ceilings contain asbestos. Naturally before you get asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA you will need to confirm that your ceiling actually does contain asbestos via an asbestos test.
- Present condition of the material: So long as asbestos-containing materials are intact, there is no way for harmful fibers to escape and pose an active health threat. Damaged ceilings should be removed immediately, but if your ceiling is in good condition you may not actually need to remove it right now.
- Risks to future condition of the material: If you think that your ceiling is likely to become damaged in the future (perhaps from a remodeling project requiring you to cut through the ceiling) you should get the ceiling removed now.
Choosing a Contractor
Whenever you tackle a project involving asbestos, you need a certified contractor. This is especially true when asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA is involved.
Because this type of asbestos removal project requires even more care than usual.
Normally, asbestos-containing materials are wetted down before removal work begins to help minimize fiber release. This is not possible with acoustic ceiling materials that have been painted. Therefore, it is even more important to strictly adhere to safety protocols like:
- Sealing the work zone
- Providing workers with appropriate safety gear
- Using quality filtration for work zone air
- Properly bagging asbestos waste
- Thoroughly cleaning the work zone at the end of the project using wet and dry methods
At AQHI Inc., we have earned all the certifications that are needed to remove and dispose of asbestos-containing materials safely, even in the most challenging conditions. We have what it takes to complete your asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA properly to leave your home in safe condition.
Call Now to Hire AQHI Inc. for Asbestos Ceiling Removal in Altadena CA
At AQHI Inc., we treat every property with the same care we would expect for our own home. We pledge never to cut corners in the asbestos removal process but instead provide superior work and leave your property hazard-free. Contact us now to learn more about our services and/or get a quote on asbestos ceiling removal in Altadena CA.
Contact Us For Safe & Fast Asbestos Removal in Asbestos Ceiling Removal in Altadena CA
Hours of Operation
Our asbestos removal office for Asbestos Ceiling Removal in Altadena CA is open Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and closed for lunch from noon to 1:00 PM. With advance notice, projects can be scheduled for weekends, early mornings and evenings.