Are you hosting Christmas for friends or extended family this year? How fun! Well, sort of—there are often so many important preparations that need to be taken care of that stress can threaten to take over this special time of year. But don’t let it! It’s considered normal to rush around, not really enjoying the Christmas season, but what’s the point of that?
Here are some ways that you can slow down this December and put some cheer back into this Christmas season:
- Start the day with some silence. Maybe you set your alarm 15 minutes earlier and spend a few minutes mediating, praying, or just quietly getting centered. You’ll be amazed at the sense of peace that infiltrates your entire day.
- Once a week, call or visit a friend or family member to catch up. It’s amazing how few of us take time to really connect with friends and family members—and no, social media interactions don’t count. You’ll find that after some conversation and sincere hugs, you’ll feel more festive than ever.
- Prioritize what makes you happy. Sure, you still have to get the laundry and dishes done, but pick at least 3 things that make you happy each day and do them. You’ll have a spring in your step and suddenly the rest of it won’t feel like drudgery anymore.
Among all the preparations for Christmas, like decorating the house and baking Christmas cookies, there are some practical tasks that you should make sure don’t slip off your priority list.
One of these tasks is make sure your house is ready for little explorers to come explore your house. Babies and toddlers love to experience everything that’s at their level, so doing a bit of research and making sure your home is ready for little ones at Christmas time will be so helpful for the parents to be able to take a load off during Christmas. Things like:
- Covering outlets. There are plastic plugs you can buy at any home improvement store that are super cheap and easy to remove so you won’t have to worry about little ones sticking their fingers in the outlets
- Keep the grandkids away from the knives by getting locks for your cabinets and drawers. It’ll still be easy for adults to access them but you won’t have to worry about the kids getting hurt.
- Get door locks so you won’t have to stress about kids escaping into the yard. These are very affordable too, and easy to install and remove.
Additionally, consider getting your home tested for common contaminants by AQHI, Inc.
Many people throughout the US have contamination in their homes that is especially harmful to kids. Lead, mold, fungus, and asbestos exposure is serious for adults, but it’s even more dangerous for kids and the elderly. So if you’re hosting Christmas this year, make sure your home is safe for all your guests by getting it environmentally tested by AQHI, Inc. All you have to do is call 800-481-8080 or email Sj@aqhiinc.com to set up an appointment. You and your guests will be able to breathe easy this Christmas.
Wishing you a peaceful Christmas from all of us at AQHI, Inc!