Mold is not a substance that you want to mess with. Unfortunately, mold can grow in many areas of your home. That is why you need to know the signs that you may have mold in your home.
Signs of Mold in Your Home
- Smell: Mold has a distinct smell. If you smell mold, but cannot see it, you may have an underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
- Sight: The obvious sign of mold is seeing it. It can be as simple as what grows between the grout in your bathroom. It is important to note that even small amounts of mold can have a negative impact.
- Pipe Leaks: These can denote that mold is present. Unfortunately, leaks are often hidden behind walls and if left undetected, there can be larger issues at hand.
- Flooding: If your house has been flooded in the past, you may have mold lingering. If flooding left home materials wet for more than 24 hours, chances are that mold is growing somewhere.
- Water Stains: If you see water stains on ceilings or walls, there might be mold growing. If these water stains grow larger, you may have a leak that needs to be addressed.
- Warping: When moisture gets into drywall, wood and other materials, it can cause bowing. If you see any warped ceilings, decks or walls in your home, you may have a problem with moisture in areas that it shouldn’t be.
- Dust: You may not know it, but mold actually grows on dust. Dust can also transport mold spores throughout the home, so it’s best to keep your house as dust free as possible.
Why it Matters
Having mold in your home can cause adverse health issues. You can develop asthmas, sore/dry eyes, itchy skin, coughing, sneezing, sore throat and even a runny or blocked nose. Symptoms that you may normally attribute to a cold, might actually be caused by mold that is growing in your home. Black mold can also cause more severe toxic symptoms that may have a devastating effect. If you suspect mold in your home, it is important to take care of the issue right away.
AQHI, Inc Can Help You Take Care of the Issue
We know that mold is nothing to mess with. If you find it in your home, you will need to take care of the situation as quickly as possible. That often involves calling in an environmental remediate service, like AQHI, Inc to take care of it. Thankfully, AQHI, Inc has 27 years of experience to help you through the situation. We deal with safely removing mold, asbestos, PCBs and lead from homes and business throughout southern California on a daily basis. If you find mold in your home, trust that AQHI, Inc will get the job done in a timely, efficient and safe manner.